Allan Gardens were established in 1858 in the downtown core in Toronto. The Palm House was created in 1910 and is comparable to similar gardens in England and USA. Allan Gardens were named after George William Allan who was a politician and cultural leader. Allan Gardens cover over 16,000 sq ft (0.3 acres) and has the largest collection of pandanus (Madagascar tropical pine) in Toronto. Allan Garden’s permanent plant collection includes orchids, hibiscus, cacti, caladiums and various palm trees.
During the spring Allan Gardens seasonal plants bloom in all their glory. This is also one of the best times to visit the gardens.
Where is Allan Gardens Conservatory: 19 Horticultural Ave.
How to get to Allan Gardens Conservatory: From College Subway Station transfer to Carlton Streetcar #506 east. From Sherbourne Subway Station transfer to Sherbourne Bus #75 south.
Opening Hours: Daily from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM